All agency (city, county, state) officials and employees know that health is a big concern to residents. Let's work together to eliminate mosquito sources and protect your residents from outbreaks.
Save the Date: National Mosquito Control Awareness Week | June 20-26, 2021
Some Options for Cities
- Proclaim June 20-26, 2021 as National Mosquito Control Awareness Week in your city. Sample Proclamation Text HERE
- Contact Lsun@sgvmosquito.org to do a presentation at one of your June 2021 city council meetings
- Invite us to participate in a community event
Resources for your Public Information team
Our year-round campaign is ready to promote! Tip, Toss, Protect! Get more details.
Invite us to a Community Event
- 10'x10' interactive booth focused on mosquitoes in our community
- Repellent Zone for your next evening/afternoon event
- Amaze families with a 13' tall giant inflatable mosquito
- And yes, we do Virtual Presentations, too!
Request an appearance HERE. We do not charge a fee to cities and organizations.
Resources for your Public Works Department
Did you know trash capture devices have the unintended consequence of producing mosquitoes? Learn how to find the right device to keep your city bite-free and still conserve water!
Find your community and use the template newsletter articles to add a public health message to your city publication!
Summer Season Articles and LinksDownload Summer Safety article
Link residents to our Summer Safety campaign page
Fall Season Articles and Links: Don't Fall for the Summer Mosquito TrickFall template for cities and agenciesGeneral health safety tips for fall
Link residents to our Fall/Autumn Safety campaign page
Winter Season Articles and Links: Wipe out Mosquitoes this Winter
Link residents to our Winter Safety campaign page
Spring Season Articles and Links: Spring into Cleaning, Stops Mosquitoes Biting
Link residents to our Spring Safety campaign page
We have a selection of videos that can be viewed on our YouTube channel. Need the original file or have a video idea? We're willing to partner! Contact Levy Sun at Lsun@sgvmosquito.org.
Connect us to your schools
We have a free, standards-aligned education program for students K-12 grades. Everything from in-classroom visits to our popular citizen science Vector Inspector Program will inspire the young minds of today to be environmental stewards and public health heroes of tomorrow!
Share this link with your education contacts: www.VectorEducation.org
Digital kit of downloadable Content and Resources
- West Nile virus resources and digital content
- Aedes mosquitoes resources and digital content
- Repellent resources and digital content
- Stagnant water source reduction resources and digital content
- Property management for homeowners resources and digital content
Do you have specific topics such as Aedes mosquitoes, West Nile or just looking for things to share? Check out our Resources Page.