Build healthier, bite-free neighborhoods in San Gabriel ValleyDownload the Bite Back Program promo flyer (PDF)
- Bite Back Kit deliveries - ongoing
- Altadena Bites Back video recording - completed!
- Orientations in Pasadena - ongoing
- "Block the Bite Inspection Party" in South Pasadena - completed!
Benefits to a Bite Back Program in your neighborhood
You save tons of money
That's right, as a government agency, we work with you and your neighbors on grassroots, practical solutions before you pay a pretty penny to "get rid of mosquitoes" elsewhere.
You add value to neighborhood watch meetings
Invite us to spread the word and get your neighbors to act, because less mosquitoes = more outdoor fun for you!
You reduce itchy bites and neighborhood outbreak risks
Mosquitoes can spread West Nile virus, dengue fever, Zika and other diseases when they bite. Together, we can team up and stay bite-free!
Types of Bite Back Activities
Each Bite Back group is different, but they all care about one thing: Stopping mosquitoes in their community and reclaiming their outdoor space! Some activities include:
- "Block the Bite Inspection Party" -- A block party to kick out mosquito sources
- Door hanger awareness campaign -- We will send you door hangers to distribute
- Bite Back meetings supplementing Neighborhood Watch meetings
- Citizen science projects for families
Bite Back Roles
- Bite Back Captains - Bite Back Captains create Bite Back groups in their neighborhoods. Interested? Start with a 30-minute orientation!
- Bite Back Champions - That's everyone! From receiving emails to distributing door hangers, you're already a champion.