Build healthier, bite-free neighborhoods in San Gabriel Valley
Currently: Bite Back Tour
Live stream begins every Thursday at 11 a.m. You may have to refresh your browser at 11 a.m. and hit play. You can also watch on our YouTube Channel, Facebook, or Twitter. To receive alerts, sign up on Eventbrite.Download the Bite Back Program promo flyer (PDF)
Types of Bite Back Activities
Each Bite Back group is different, but they all care about one thing: Stopping mosquitoes and reclaiming their outdoor space! Some activities include:
- "Block the Bite Property Inspections" -- We work with neighbors to inspect every front/back yard on the block to kick out mosquitoes and provide personalized solutions to the neighborhood.
- Door hanger awareness campaign -- We will send you door hangers to distribute
- Bite Back meetings supplementing Neighborhood Watch meetings
- Citizen science projects for families
Bite Back Roles
- Bite Back Captains - Bite Back Captains create Bite Back groups in their neighborhoods. Interested? Start with a 15-minute phone/Zoom orientation!
- Bite Back Champions - That's everyone! From receiving emails to distributing door hangers, you're already a champion.
We use your street name and city to identify any potential Bite Back Groups in your area. If there are multiple neighbors in a block who's interested, we'll create a Bite Back Group in your neighborhood!