NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes and contests are is open to legal residents or people who work in the San Gabriel Valley Mosquito and Vector Control District's jurisdiction of San Gabriel Valley. Entrants must be at least 18 years old as of their date of entry in the promotion in order to qualify. Sweepstakes and giveaways are subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law. The San Gabriel Valley and Vector Control District’s employees and directors (collectively the “Employees”), are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or Contests.
2. Sponsorship. The sponsor is the San Gabriel Valley Mosquito and Vector Control District (also “Sponsor”), located at 1145 N. Azusa Canyon Road, West Covina, CA 91790. Sponsor will conduct Sweepstakes or Contests substantially as described in these Official Rules.
3. Agreement to Rules: By entering Sweepstakes or Contests, the Entrant (“You”) agrees to abide by the Sponsor's Official Rules and decisions, which are fully and unconditionally binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserve the right to refuse, withdraw, or disqualify any entry at any time at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering Sweepstakes or Contests, the You represents and warrants that You are eligible to participate based on eligibility requirements explained in the Official Rules. You also agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of Sweepstakes or Contests.
4. Sweepstakes or Contests Entry Period: Promotion begins and ends as described where Sweepstakes and Contests are announced (“Entry Period”). To be eligible for the Sweepstakes or Contests, entries must be received within the specified Entry Period.
5. How to Enter: Eligible entrants can enter Sweepstakes or Contests by participating in the activity as described where Sweepstakes and Contests are announced. As a participant, your entry must fully meet all Sweepstakes or Contests requirements, as specified in the Official Rules, in order to be eligible to win a prize. Incomplete entries or those that do not adhere to the Official Rules or specifications will be disqualified at the Sponsor's sole discretion.
The Sponsor regularly receives and takes photographs, videos or motion pictures; or receives or produces videotapes, audiotapes, social media post, web casts, or other types of media productions that capture names, voices, and/or images (any of the foregoing types of media are called the “Materials”).
By entering a submission, you grant permission to the Sponsor to use, reuse, copy, publish, display, exhibit, reproduce, and distribute the Materials in any educational or promotional materials or other forms of media without notifying me. Participants agree to be identified by name in any material and are participating on a voluntary basis and understand they will not be compensated in any way for the Materials. Fraudulent methods of entry or circumventing the rules may result in the Sponsor invalidating entries and removing participants.
During each of the Sweepstakes or Contest periods, you may submit one entry, and one entry only.
6. Prizes: The Winner(s) of Sweepstakes or Contests (the “Winner”) will receive prizes and/or recognition. The actual/appraised prize value may differ at the time the prize is awarded. The prize(s) shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. There shall be no cash or other prize substitution permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. The prize is non-transferable. The Winner, upon acceptance of the prize, is solely responsible for all expenses related to the prize, including without limitation any and all local, state, and federal taxes. The Winner shall not transfer assignment of the prize to others nor shall the Winner request the cash equivalent or prize substitution. By accepting the prize, the selected Winner grants permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s likeness, entry, and name for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The total number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
8. Selection and Notification of Winner: The Winner will be selected by a method as stated where the Sweepstakes or Contest was announced. Winner may be picked with one or more methods such as a random drawing, community vote, a panel of judges assessing skills, etc. under the supervision of the Sponsor. The Sponsor will notify the Winner(s) as stated where the Sweepstakes or Contest was announced within 14 days following Winner selection. The Sponsor is not responsible for nor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to email security settings that may cause notifications to be marked as spam or junk email. Nor shall be Sponsor be liable for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner 1) fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time the award notification was sent, 2) is found ineligible, or 3) does not complete and return an executed declaration and release within the specified timeframe, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt of the prize (offered in the Sweepstakes or Contest) by the Winner is upon the condition of compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. IF THE WINNER VIOLATES ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE WINNER (AT THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by You: By submitting an entry (e.g., text, video, photo, etc.) into the Sponsor’s Sweepstakes or Contests, You understand and agree that the Sponsor, any individual acting on the Sponsor’s behalf, and the licensees successors, and assigns of the Sponsor shall, where permitted by law, have the right to print, publish, broadcast, distribute and use in any media known now or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, worldwide, and without limitation, your submission, name, photo, portrait, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Sponsor’s Sweepstakes or Contests, and your biographical information for news, publicity, advertising, promotional purposes, trade, information, and public relations without any further notice, review, consent, compensation, or remuneration.
Entries must be original work and not violate anyone’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. You shall defend or settle against such claims at your sole expense, and You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor from any suit as a result of infringing on anyone’s proprietary or intellectual property rights.
10. Terms & Conditions: In its sole discretion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate any and all Sweepstakes or Contests should non-authorized human intervention, a bug or virus, fraud, or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, impact or corrupt the security, fairness, proper conduct, or administration of Sweepstakes or Contests. The Sponsor, in the event of any of the above issues, may determine the Winner based on all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. Individuals who tamper with or attempt to tamper with the operation or entry process of the Sweepstakes or Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. In its sole discretion, the Sponsor has the right to maintain the integrity of Sweepstakes or Contests, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: Multiple entries from the same user; multiple entries from the same computer beyond the number allowed by the Sweepstakes or Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Attempts by any entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of any or all Sweepstakes or Contests may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. If any such attempt is made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: Your entry into the Sponsor’s Sweepstakes or Contests constitutes Your agreement to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, successors, agents, assigns, directors, employees, and officers against and from any and all claims, liability, illness, injury, death, litigation, loss, or damages that may occur, directly or indirectly from participation in the Sweepstakes or Contest and/or the 1) Winner accepting, possessing, using, or misusing of any awarded prize or any portion thereof; 2) any type of technical failure; 3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, phone, or Internet service; 4) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; 5) electronic error or human error in the Promotion administration or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THE SPONSOR’S SWEEPSTAKES OR CONTESTS IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. Under no circumstances in any such dispute shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering Sponsor’s Sweepstakes or Contest. The participant waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List: You may obtain a copy of the Winner’s name(s) or a copy of these Official Rules, by sending your request via mail with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 1145 N. Azusa Canyon Road, West Covina, CA 91790.
15. Social Media Channel-Specific Rules: The Sponsor’s Sweepstakes or Contests hosted by the San Gabriel Valley Mosquito and Vector Control District is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube
16. By participating in the Sponsor’s Sweepstakes or Contests, You, the Entrant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.