Your digest for August 2021.
August 2021 📅
Short Bites Monthly ensures that our data as a public health agency remains transparent to the public and to people who are interested in our mission.
In your community 💛🏡
- Enhanced trapping is conducted in areas where arbovirus activity and other risk factors are observed.
- Enhanced neighborhood support has been conducted in several neighborhoods that includes door to door property inspections and delivery of educational material. The effort is to identify and eliminate residential sources of mosquito habitat. Our staff alerts residents to West Nile virus threats and teach them how to protect themselves.
in education 👨🏽🏫📚
- 1,759 people were educated on mosquito-borne diseases and bite prevention in the past month at our in-person and virtual events in the San Gabriel Valley. Additionally, 30,645 people were engaged with our social media content.
- New developments were made in our NGSS-aligned education programs that are FREE and available to Pre-K - 12th grade students in the San Gabriel Valley.
in disease control & monitoring 🔬🦟🦠
- The surveillance team continues to detect West Nile virus activity in birds and mosquitoes throughout the District
- The Operations department responds to each case with enhanced investigation and control measures
Want to recieve our monthly digest in an email? Sign up to get monthly email alerts 📧 through our Bite Back Program.
🖋 Written by Ally Gaspar, Outreach Assistant