They're back: Pumpkin spiced lattes, cozy sweaters, and the holidays ...
But as long as it's warm in the San Gabriel Valley, mosquitoes will continue to thrive in your community.
Mosquitoes are known to bug people in many ways
- Biting when people are in their garage, yard, or anywhere outside
- Ruining Halloween by biting trick-or-treaters and their families 🎃
- Leaving itchy red bumps at a Thanksgiving gathering 🦃
- Worst of all, mosquitoes can get you sick with West Nile virus when they bite!
Why Do Mosquitoes Bite?
When mosquitoes bite, they use your blood's protein 🩸 to create the eggs. They can lay the eggs using containers that have stagnant water 💦.
What is Vector Control Doing for You?
- Continued observation of the mosquito population and vector-borne diseases in the San Gabriel Valley.
- Enhanced neighborhood support and property inspections.
- Door-to-door and community education.
3 Things You Can Do This Fall 🍂
You know mosquitoes can complete their life cycle from egg to adult in a week. So eliminate stagnant water weekly in and around the home. Don't forget to keep your pool clean and maintained!
Apply repellent to exposed skin to stop mosquito bites. Look for ONE of the following active ingredients on the LABEL that is safe and effective:
- Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus
We challenge you to educate at least two more people about mosquitoes. The more we understand that mosquito control is a shared responsibility, the more healthy our communities will be!
Take Action Against Mosquitoes: Tip, Toss, Protect