Thanks to feedback from Bite Back Champions, we are piloting a monthly digest of what's happening at San Gabriel Valley Mosquito and Vector Control District (SGVMVCD). This is another step in ensuring that our data as a public health agency remains transparent to the public and to people who are interested in our mission.
in your community
- There are currently no reports of human cases with West Nile virus in San Gabriel Valley. Great job!
- More than 1,300 public and private sites recieved inspection, treatment, and support.
- At-home, citizen science projects were completed by San Gabriel Valley students, who now have increased knowledge about how to stop mosquitoes from growing at home.
- Over 33,000 people engaged with our online material on mosquito-borne illnesses, and what they can do to stay safe.
- 400 mosquito traps were set throughout San Gabriel Valley, capturing low to average numbers compared to the same weeks in previous years.
- Ongoing research on how environmental factors affect mosquito trap numbers.
Want to recieve our monthly digest in an email? Sign up to get monthly email alerts through our Bite Back Program.
🖋 Written by Ally Gaspar, Outreach Assistant