Mosquito and Vector Control Association of California
2021 Annual Meeting Presentation Resources
Scroll down to find the presenter resource you wish to view.
Automation of Biting Back: Save time and nurture sustainable grassroots community-level interventions
- Automation saved 15 minutes to intake and onboard each participant
- Automation reduced the cost of supporting the Bite Back Program by 94% or nearly $19,000. Total cost of the tools is $1,205 per year!
- Unintended outcome: If an agency closure occurs due to COVID-19 or if staff is out sick/vacation, automation will continue running and onboarding people without the need for staff to be present.
- [Update] Reduced service request load for "hotspot" areas by having Operations triage residents' needs and diverting them to Communication.
Resources referenced in presentation:Automation flowchart [PNG]Presentation File [PDF]
Automation tools used
- Zapier -$239/year
- Mailchimp -$120/year
- Acuity Scheduler -$378/year
Total cost per year: $1,205
All of these service are used in different programs of our department. If I had to estimate, the Bite Back Program probably makes up 50% of the total use of the programs.