The safety of students, staff and our educators is our top priority. During an EcoHealth program, everyone must adhere to the existing public health orders and follow CDC's school guidelines. Any lapse in safety measures will result in an immediate closure/postponement of the program. If you have any questions, please email (redacted). We look forward to bugging out with your students!
Inspiring Students with Ecological Solutions
EcoHealth promotes simple, healthy living to reduce mosquito-borne diseases in our cities through FREE CA NGSS-aligned student science programs
EcoHealth Vector Education encourages students to take action to protect public health and the environment. The program’s scientific approach shapes how students think about the interdependent relationships between mosquitoes in our community and human health. The programs are FREE to schools located within the San Gabriel Valley Mosquito and Vector Control District boundaries.
The EcoHealth Vector Education Program is geared to all grades/age groups and the program is free to schools located within our District.Download the EcoHealth promo flyer
There are three options for educators:
- K-6th Grade Classroom Program
- Vector Inspector Program (VIP): Saving Lives Through Citizen Science (K-High School)
- Career Day Presentations
We Support Educators
• Each program begins with one or more grade-appropriate Next Generation science standards.
• All curriculum planned and implemented by Education Specialist. Sit back and enjoy the show with your students!
We Nurture Citizen Scientists
• Each program has information about mosquitoes then moves on to one or more life science standards or an ecological topic using insects as models.
• Each class will experience our “rolling museum” of live animals (some specimens are subject to seasonal availability), pinned collections and other preserved material and models, literature, coloring sheets, and other items for students, teachers, and parents.
• The Education Specialist highlights the importance of the preservation of habitats and species diversity and the role of invertebrates in nature, in human health and in the face of a rapidly changing planet.