Teachers, we are here for you
We can accommodate almost all distance learning and in-person instruction. Book us today and let's bug out with your students together (while apart)!
The safety of students, staff and educators is our top priority. During an EcoHealth program, everyone must adhere to the existing public health orders and follow CDC's school guidelines. Any lapse in safety measures will result in an immediate halt and reschedule of the program. If you have any questions, please email (redacted). We look forward to bugging out with your students!
EcoHealth promotes simple, healthy living to reduce mosquito-borne diseases in our cities through FREE CA NGSS-aligned student science programs
Three options for educators that can be in-person or through remote learning:
- Virtual or in-person K-6th Grade Classroom Visit: Mosquito Intelligence Academy (M.I.A.)
- Vector Inspector Program (VIP): Saving Lives Through Citizen Science (K-High School)
- Career Day Presentations
EcoHealth Vector Education encourages students to take action to protect public health and the environment. The program’s scientific approach shapes how students think about the interdependent relationships between mosquitoes in our community and human health. The programs are FREE to schools located within the San Gabriel Valley Mosquito and Vector Control District boundaries.
The EcoHealth Vector Education Program is geared to all grades/age groups and the program is free to schools located within our District.Download the EcoHealth promo flyer
We Support Educators
• Each program begins with one or more grade-appropriate Next Generation science standards.
• All curriculum planned and implemented by Education Specialist. Sit back and enjoy the show with your students!
We Nurture Citizen Scientists
• Each program has information about mosquitoes then moves on to one or more life science standards or an ecological topic using insects as models.
• Each class will experience our “rolling museum” of live animals (some specimens are subject to seasonal availability), pinned collections and other preserved material and models, literature, coloring sheets, and other items for students, teachers, and parents.
• The Education Specialist highlights the importance of the preservation of habitats and species diversity and the role of invertebrates in nature, in human health and in the face of a rapidly changing planet.