Here is your monthly digest of what's happening at San Gabriel Valley Mosquito and Vector Control District (SGVMVCD). We remain committed to keep our data transparent to the public and to people who are interested in our mission.
IN YOUR COMMUNITY
- There are currently no reports of human cases with West Nile virus in San Gabriel Valley. Keep up the good work, SGV!
- More than 2,000 public and private sites recieved inspection, treatment, and support.
- Our 2021 Public Health Teachers of the Year were awarded throughout San Gabriel Valley! They were recognized for their hands-on role in advancing student knowledge through our remote, enhanced science curriculum regarding public health.
- Melissa Doyle, our very own Scientific Program Manager, presented virutally at the 2021 Mosquito and Vector Control Association Conference to dicuss the refined surveillance methods in SGV.
- In the coming months, our Surveillance team will be exploring different trapping methods to evaluate treatments in the underground storm drain system that target host-seeking adult mosquitoes.
Want to recieve our monthly digest in an email? Sign up to get monthly email alerts through our Bite Back Program.