Here is your monthly digest of what's happening at San Gabriel Valley Mosquito and Vector Control District (SGVMVCD). We remain committed to keep our data transparent to the public and to people who are interested in our mission.
In your community
- More than 2,180 public and private sites received inspection, treatment, and support.
- There are currently no reports of human cases with West Nile virus in San Gabriel Valley. Nice job!
- Our enhanced science curriculum continues to advance and reach students through hands-on, remote learning regarding public health.
- Check out the Public Health Teachers of the Year!
- Tick sampling, which paused due to wildfires last year, resumed. Tick testing helps to identify the presence of tick-borne diseases that can harm humans.
- Research on the impact of environmental factors on Aedes populations continues.
Want to recieve our monthly digest in an email? Sign up to get monthly email alerts through our Bite Back Program.