Short Bites Monthly
Thanks to feedback from Bite Back Champions, we are piloting a monthly digest of what's happening at San Gabriel Valley Mosquito and Vector Control District (SGVMVCD). This is another step in ensuring that our data as a public health agency remains transparent to the public and to people who are interested in our mission.
In your community
- There are currently no reports of human cases with West Nile virus in San Gabriel Valley. Awesome job!
- More than 1,400 public and private sites received inspection, treatment, and support.
- Annual winter campaigns, which explain how mosquitoes persist in the winter, were launched.
- Over 42,000 people engaged with our online material on mosquito-borne illnesses, and what they can do to stay safe.
- As Aedes mosquitoes become more prevalent throughout SoCal, staff continues to quantify the role that natural breeding habitats play in mosquito population sizes.
- Research on how environmental factors affect mosquito trap numbers advances.
Want to recieve our monthly digest in an email? Sign up to get monthly email alerts through our Bite Back Program.
🖋 Written by Ally Gaspar, Outreach Assistant