In addition to our school outreach, SGVMVCD participates in fairs and can provide interactive presentations. Our presentations and booths are at no extra cost to organizations in our jurisdiction in San Gabriel Valley.
Want to book an EcoHealth Vector Education school program? Click here
Please provide at least a 4-week notice as our calendar books up quickly.
Three Options for Cities, Agencies and Organizations
Presentations To Organizations/Cities/Agencies (10-30 minutes):
- Stop the Buzz: Understanding the World's Deadliest Creature
- Keep the Bite Out of Your Community
- Water Conservation and Smart Gardening
- Mosquito Safety Training for Office and Field staff
Presentations for Neighbors (20-30 minutes):
- Neighbors Bite Back Mosquito Training: A grassroots approach to the complexities of controlling mosquitoes in our cities
Our Event Booth Features:
- 10x10 space (a big plus if organizers can supply canopy/table/chairs)
- Mosquitoes (Live and dead)
- Interactive displays showing where mosquitoes breed
- Cool facts about mosquitoes
Des Eez ("Disease") the Giant Inflatable Mosquito Booth:
NOTICE - DEZ IS FLYING TO A MOSQUITO FAMILY REUNION IN MINNESOTA FOR A COUPLE WEEKS. SHE WILL BE UNAVAILABLE FOR THE MONTHS OF OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER.
- Ideal for 1,000+ attendance at city and large community events.
- Needs a 20x20x20 ft clearance for set-up and take-down
- Big plus if our vehicle can load/unload Dez near her set-up site
- Needs access to electrical outlet (Blower uses 3-prong plug into standard household 115 volt and has a draw of 12.8A)
- Cannot operate at night unless in a well-lit environment (for visitors' safety)
To request Dez, please fill out the form below.
Presentation and Event Participation Request Form
You may also email (redacted)