This contest is now closed. Please check back for more.
Mosquito Week Coloring Contest
Deadline: April 21, 2018 11:59 PM PST
Help spread the word on the importance of eliminating areas where mosquitoes can grow in your neighborhood. Join our coloring and drawing contest for a chance to win a “Mosquito Life Cycle Model” or your very own “Zika Plush Toy”!
The Mosquito is angry her home is being tipped and tossed out! In the space provided, draw a stagnant water source where the mosquito was laying her eggs. Entry must be submitted using the contest coloring sheet. Download below for the coloring/drawing sheet.Mosquito Week Coloring Sheet 🖍
Submit by e-mail:
E-mai (redacted) with the subject line: #MosquitoWeek
Submit by mail (postmarked by April 21, 2018):
San Gabriel Valley Mosquito and Vector Control District
1145 N. Azusa Canyon Road
West Covina, CA 91790
Submit on Social Media:
Post the artwork on social media by tagging us on Facebook or Twitter using @SGVmosquito. Your post or account must be public in order for us to see it. If we do not comment or like your post, we have not seen it.
Who can enter?
Open to all ages and residents in the San Gabriel Valley Mosquito and Vector Control District. Only one submission per person. SGVMVCD employees are not eligible.
Judging and selection of winners
Winners are determined by a panel of SGVMVCD judges and winning entries will be posted online and contacted. Selected winners will need to provide name and mailing address (if you wish to receive your prize).
Three winning entries will be selected and will receive a “Mosquito Life Cycle Model” or a “Zika Plush Toy.”
Parents of minors (under 18 years) wishing to enter
Parents may submit their own child’s artwork. If your child is photographed in your submission, you must be willing to release your child’s name and sign a media release (photography or videography) for your minor. Download the release form below and submit it to (redacted).SGVmosquito_Child_Media_Release.pdf
Creative Tips for Winning Entries:
- Fill up as much of the page as possible
- Art should be on the prepared sheet provided
- You may use markers, crayons or any other media
- Be accurate – know where mosquitoes lay their eggs!
- Be creative, have fun, and look in your yard or patio for inspiration!
For any questions please e-mail: (redacted)
General SGVMVCD Contest Rules:
1. Winners must live in the San Gabriel Valley Mosquito and Vector Control District (SGVMVCD) .
2. Entry must be the artist’s original creation.
3. Design may not incorporate any copyrighted or trademarked characters or violent or lewd content.
4. Names of winners and their entries may be used for announcements and promotions. Depending on the nature of the contest, winners may be photographed. Photos of winners may be used for agency announcements and promotions.
5. All submitted artwork entries will become the exclusive property of the District. We reserve the right to modify any submitted artwork and use it for promotional purposes and reproduction on future materials.
6. SGVMVCD employees are not eligible.
7. Parents may submit their minor’s (under 18 years old) artwork. If your child is photographed in your submission, you must be willing to release your child’s name and sign a media release (photography or videography) for your minor. Click [HERE] to download the release form and submit it to (redacted).
8. SGVMVCD may modify rules depending on the contest, existing laws and policies.